If you’ve followed me over the past couple of years, then you know that my mindset has completely shifted as to how I think about jobs and making money in general.
One of the HARDEST things in life is to be stuck at a day job that you are not excited about.
Maybe there used to be some passion and excitement, but that’s gone now.
You spend your day just hoping it would hurry up and be over so you can rush home and do the things that you ARE excited about.
The whole time I was at my job I was dreaming about my escape. For me personally, I almost couldn’t wait to get home and work on my online businesses. It’s all I wanted to do! Why couldn’t I be doing that, instead of this??
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been there!
If your day job makes you feel like a zombie from the walking dead THEN THIS EPISODE IS FOR YOU!
Show Notes for This Episode:
The first thing I want you to do is get up early and take some time alone and really ask yourself these questions: (actually do this)
- What am I doing at this job?
- Why did I choose this job? (Did God direct me here, or was this my own idea?)
- Can this job help me reach my end goal?
Ephesians 2:10 Amplified Version
“For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].”
Your next steps to the good life
If I’ve just described you and your situation, don’t worry. There is hope.
God sees where you’re at and He wants to turn that situation around for you. Either by getting you into a new job, or showing you a new perspective and attitude towards your current one.
I got tired of “digging dry wells.”
Here’s what to do:
- Seek God’s will here. Proverbs 3:5-6 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.” – Take some time and seek His will in all you do. “All you do” definitely includes your job. Do this, patiently listen, and He will show you which path to take. (Remember the “paths” from Ephesians 2:10?)
- While seeking the Lord, do an OVER THE TOP amazing job at your current place of employment. Colossians 3:23-24 gives some great advice: “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters,24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.” – Simply pretend Jesus is your employer. If He were looking over your shoulder, how would that change the way you work? (I bet you’d definitely be the top performer in your office – which brings raises, promotions, and advancement!)
- Have an aggressive patience until you get your direction. Hebrews 10:35 says, “Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that he has promised.” – Patient endurance is an action. It comes with an expectant, hope-filled attitude. It’s what you need now. It will help you continue to do God’s will and then you’ll receive the promise.
Or if you have the entrepreneurial spirit like me, and have a business idea you’d like to explore, sign up for my Free course below:
If you liked that episode, this one goes right along with it:
(Living life “On Assignment”)
Free Course: Create a Simple, Online Income - FAST.
(Let me show you just how simple it is to make an extra $500 on the side)