Today I want to point out to you the basic strategy that satan will use against you. It’s all lined out in the word.
2 Corinthians 2:11 speaks about us not being ignorant of the devil’s devices. In another translation it says “we are quite aware of his schemes!”
It will really help us to be able to easily point out when the devil is trying to pull a fast one on us. If we know HOW he operates then we can easily stop him – because you are not going to fall for his schemes!
That’s why coaches like to watch game film of their opponents. If they are familiar with how their opponent operates, then they won’t fall for their schemes, they’ll shut those plays down.
That’s what we’re going to do here today.
Let me show you where satan attacks and why:
Before Jesus died on the cross for us, we operated under the Old Covenant, or the “Law” as it is referred to.
The “curse of the law” breaks down into 3 main categories:
- Death (referring to spiritual death)
Galatians 3:13 tells us: “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, having become a curse for us…”
When Jesus went to the cross, He took on those curses into His own body and carried them away for us. They’re gone.
If you are in Christ, then poverty, sickness and death don’t have power in your life anymore.
You’ve been redeemed from those things. The Amplified Bible says, “Christ purchased your freedom from the curse.”
The Bible even cites specifically that Jesus took YOUR poverty, sickness, and death so that you don’t have to. I’ll let you do some studying on your own. Make time to look these up:
Your new way of thinking:
Now that we have that cleared up, I want you to change your mindset on something here.
Since you have been redeemed from the curse, (past tense) that means your perspective HAS to change to this:
- You ARE a prosperous, an abundantly supplied Christian. The devil is trying to make you poor.
- You ARE a healed and healthy Christian. The devil is trying to make you sick.
- You ARE going to heaven, you have eternal life. The devil is trying to condemn you and talk you out of your salvation.
That is a powerful truth. Don’t ever forget it.
Have you ever noticed that in John 10:10 Jesus tells us exactly what satan comes to do? (Note the order)
Jesus says in John 10:10 “The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows).”
Satan comes ONLY in order to:
This is interesting because if you look up those words in the original greek definitions it lines up perfectly with what Jesus redeemed us from!
- “Steal” literally means to steal your stuff, to take away.
- “Kill” literally means to kill your body.
- “Destroy” has a definition that says to give over to eternal misery in hell.
Are you beginning to see how he operates?
- Satan is the one trying to steal your prosperity.
- He’s the one trying to kill your body with sickness and disease.
- He’s the one trying to destroy you, condemn you and make you feel like God doesn’t love you because of your past.
How to stop the devil in his tracks:
Take account of your personal situation.
If satan is telling you that you’re broke, sick, or not worthy, then you take your place as the Redeemed of the Lord!
Don’t let him deceive you anymore, he is called the father of lies for a reason.
Do you believe him or do you believe Galatians 3:13?
The report you choose to believe and speak is the report you will have.
I’ll give you three examples:
1.Ever had the thought, “You’re not going to be able to pay your bills this month. Your husband lost his job, he won’t be able to find another one that pays as well as his last job. You’ll get behind on your car payments, the bank will repo your van, then you won’t be able to take the kids to school, you’ll have to pull them out and homeschool them…ugh! This gets worse every month – we’ll never get out of this!” (If you let them go, your thoughts will spiral out of control!)
That thought is contrary to Galatians 3:13. Therefore you now take it as a lie. Don’t believe it.
Your response is: “No satan, none of that will come to pass. You take your hands off my money. I’m blessed and abundantly supplied!”
2. You start to fill cold symptoms come on your body. So you say, “Well, I knew it was just a matter of time. We always get sick about this time of year. The bugs going around right now. The kids had it, Dave at work had it, I knew it was coming!” Then you slink down and let it come upon you and you just ride it out for the next few days. This too is contrary to Galatians 3:13 and Isaiah 53:4-5. So don’t believe it. This is how satan operates.
Your response: “NOPE! I’m not taking a cold. I don’t accept it. I was healed 2,000 years ago when Jesus took all sickness on the cross. He took it so I don’t have to. I’ve got a mission to do and nothing is going to stop me from doing it.”
3. You mess up and slip back into an old sin. You start to feel guilty and wonder if God still loves you. You wonder if you’re still “worthy to go to heaven.” Satan will tell you that you’ve fallen out of grace with God because of your actions. You might even start to think you don’t deserve God, you don’t deserve blessing, you don’t deserve health…on and on. That’s an old law mentality. You’ve been redeemed.
Your response: “God loves me no matter what! I repent of my actions and God said He is always faithful to forgive me. Romans 8 says NOTHING can separate me from the love of God. Satan you can take your lies of guilt and condemnation and leave because I won’t fall for it.”
Take your stand!
When satan comes after you it’s going to be in one of those categories. In some way shape or form he will try to steal something, kill something, or destroy something.
So when you see those weapons being formed against you or your family, you stop them by saying out loud:
“Satan I see what you’re doing, you will not trick me. I know it’s you trying to lie to me. I know it’s you trying to steal, kill, and destroy. We’ll we’re not having it here in my house. We’re not going to allow you in. We are redeemed from the curse and you have no authority to make us poor, to make us sick, or to destroy anything that belongs to us! We bind you in the name of Jesus, and we know that no weapon formed against us can prosper. We command you to take your hand off our money, off our bodies, and off our lives. You have no power here. So get out!”
See the devil is actually powerless.
Colossians 2:15 tells us, “God disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross=””][/the].”
Hebrews 2:14 also says, “Since the children have flesh and blood, he too shared in their humanity so that by his death he might break the power of him who holds the power of death—that is, the devil”
So when we speak God’s word, we shut satan down. He can’t stand against it, he is powerless now.
Because God’s Word is THE TRUTH, and satan knows that his own words are lies.
He just wants you to think you are poor, sick, and defeated.
When actually that’s all he is.
Don’t let satan talk you out of what you already are:
You ARE prosperous.
You ARE healed.
You ARE saved.
Feel free to remind him of the truth.