Click Here to Grab Our FREE Quick Start Guide to Financial Increase.
That’s right my friends. The wife and I are debt free at the ripe young age of 28 and 26.
Through God’s favor, learning new things, and a little bit of hustlin’ we have paid off over $21,800 in the last year.
No car debts, no credit card debts, no school loans, no hard money borrowed from the mafia…And no, our day jobs don’t have amazingly high salaries.
Now, that being said, we do still have a mortgage on our home and our rental property. The rental property actually makes us a little bit of money each month, so that is considered good debt, and our personal home was purchased below appraisal with a low interest rate. So we have a good investment there as well.
God is good.
Bottom line is, we keep most of the money we make, and that’s a great place to be.
We didn’t start that way, but when we told God what we desired, confessed that we were blessed, spoke to the mountain of debt, and stood in faith, He brought it to pass rather quickly.
He will do the same for you.
I want to give you a little guidance here. If you REALLY want to accomplish this (and I believe you do) You have to get serious.
You cannot play around, if you are in high debt or don’t make enough money, or are just barely scraping by, I plead with you – do what I say here. If you’re just barely scraping by, don’t you dare play X-Box, don’t you dare have a Lord of the Rings movie marathon over the weekend, you sure as heck better not sleep in, EVER.
There is nothing wrong with those things, but right now is not the time for that.
Commit to being successful. No more music in your car, use that time wisely, listen only to teaching and preaching CDs, fall asleep with your headphones in listening to podcasts, listen to it in the morning while you get ready for the day, this is faith building time, not please your flesh with Mumford and Sons time.
Don’t waste money, but more importantly, don’t waste time. The way you view what I just said, is an indicator to how serious you truly are about getting your life back in control. Let that sink in, let your anger at me subside, then read on…
Here is what got us to get to where we are now:
1. This first one is the most important of them all. Our success is credited mainly to this:
Get up 30 minutes earlier than you usually do. If that makes it 4:30am so be it. (You’re serious about being successful right?!)
Spend 15 minutes praying. Then spend 15 minutes in the Word, going over scriptures about faith, life, and finances and confess them out loud over your life. (I have a FREE confession sheet at the bottom of this post) Do this every single morning, whether you’re excited about it or not. (You often won’t be when you start, but you’ll be glad you did when you’re done!)
2. TITHE. – I assume you already do this, but if you have not committed to it, you HAVE to. Remember, the tithe is the first ten percent of your gross income, given to your local church. (Malachi 3:10)
Suck it up and do it, I don’t want to hear you say, “Oh you don’t understand, we can’t afford to tithe.” (Ever notice only broke people say that?) Truth is, you can’t afford NOT to tithe. Man-up and take this vital step of faith. This puts you in covenant with God. You are now set up to be blessed, and have given God permission to operate in your life financially.
This also keeps your finances protected and ensures long term wealth. If you do not do this, good luck, you’re on your own…
3. Go to iTunes and download podcasts. Listen to teachings by podcasts from Kenneth Copeland, Creflo Dollar, Jesse Duplantis and even our own FaithLifeMoney Podcast will help you as well. Don’t listen to music, listen to this. I spent nearly every waking hour listening to podcasts, getting ready in the morning, commuting to and from work, on my lunch break and even mowing the lawn when I got home. This keeps your faith built up, and keeps fear at bay. Oh and if you’re feeling hopeless, Joel Osteen’s podcast will help you out too!
4. Change your speech. Life and death are in the power of the tongue. Eliminate completely from your vocab things like, “I can’t afford it, I’m broke, I wasn’t lucky enough to be born rich, Oh of course he can drive a car like that, look who is Dad is! If only I was rich, then I could…” Stop it. Negativity cannot come out of your mouth, and don’t hate on the rich, you are going to be one of them soon.
5. There are two books you must read. Most budding entrepreneurs or people dreaming of business have read: Rich Dad Poor Dad. This book changes the way you see money, jobs, and life in general, it is a real eye opener. Click on the link if you need to pick this one up and breeze through it. It’s necessary to get your mind in the right spot.
The next book has really been the key to a lot of our success, and it definitely deserves the credit,The 4-Hour Workweek: Escape 9-5, Live Anywhere, and Join the New Rich, by Tim Ferris This book is a game changer, in the online business world, it’s THE absolute must read.
I literally followed his outline step by step in order to create our first online business, which profited us right at $20,000 last year. (I created a free course on how to do this as well, click below)
No gimmicks or things to buy, I just followed his suggestions, used the free websites he provided, and then hustled.
I think I spent a total of $12 to buy the website domain name, and that was all my start up costs. That’s a darn good return on investment if you ask me.
Oh ya and I bought the book, $13.
6. Put your hand to something! Get up, get out, and do something. Put out resumes, make phone calls, ask about job openings…Grab your lawnmower and knock on neighbor’s doors. SEEK God for direction here, then get after it.
When you put your hand to something and start taking steps, then God can bless it, and guide you. We all know you can’t steer a parked car!
These are great starting points. Commit to these, ask God for guidance and instruction, and live by faith, not by your senses.
Put forth the effort necessary to get the results you desire. God has proven Himself and His word true every single day in our lives, not only did we pay off that substantial amount of debt, but we also gave over $16,000 dollars this year, first with tithes, but then above and beyond to outreaches, people in need and whatever else God put on our hearts.
(Update: Read here to learn HOW we gave over $80,000 by Age 29)
We ourselves have not arrived yet, not even close, but we’re making progress, and having a great time doing it! Our next plan of attack is paying off the house!
We are also helping other people create their own online businesses so they can experience the income and freedom they’ve been looking for. I am putting my hand to this, it will be blessed and I expect supernatural results.
I’ve put together a Faith Packed Confession Sheet that will help you reach your goals. Grab it free below:
I Recommend You Read Next: How I Retired at 30 (And How You Can Too!) Learn How to Create a Simple Online Income: EscapeYourDayJob.com